Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Favorites: My Tea Mug

To make 30 posts in 30 days easier, I'm going to post once a week about something that is a favorite of mine. I've posted about my love of Adagio Tea before, so I won't bore you with a rehash of that exactly.

Instead I'll get specific. I bought this mug from them a while ago, and I really love it. I had been using their paper filters for the 70 or so cups of tea I drink at work each day. Those work great, but I knew I could be more environmentally-thoughtful in my tea consumption. So now I use this combo mug/infuser. Upside down, the glass cover serves perfectly as a coaster for my wet infuser. And (bad news for Adagio), I now get two cups of tea out of each serving of leaves. I used to just chuck the paper infusers in the trash since they were messy and gross. This mug will pay for itself soon enough, and in the meantime I like that I'm not throwing so much away. I also feel like I'm more officially a tea drinker with this fancy infuser. :)

In case anyone is looking for new teas to try, I'm currently loving Fujian Baroque, Rooibos Vanilla Chai, Bengal Green Chai, and Black Dragon Pearls. The last are especially fun to watch unfurl in your mug.

4 comments:

Rena said...

You can get more than 2 cups out of their leaves. They aren't making ANY money off me anymore since I discovered just how far I can juice the leaves :)

I tried their Masala Chai and it was a little too spicy for me so maybe I'll try the Vanilla Chai you recommended.

Rena said...

I was totally going to post about my favorite artists today but since I'm having a giveaway that ends Monday, I will post it tomorrow. So don't think I'm copying you next week :)

Tori said...

LOL. I would never think you're copying me. :)

Tina said...

Oh I LOVE that mug!!! (must get a job first, mug second, however - damn!).

And the rooibos vanilla chai sounds divine. And like Rena, I tried a chai over here that's great for one mug, but my mouth just puckers thinking about a second cup. The Brits in my office never let me forget it. hahah.