Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back that shit up

Over the weekend Todd’s Mac Book totally freaked out. The computer is less than a year old, so of course it’s meltdown was completely unexpected. Unfortunately, because all signs pointed to a long (longer than a year, anyway) and healthy life, Todd hadn’t backed up his data. The computer’s hardware will all be repaired/replaced free, but the ridiculously high cost of data recovery has to come out of pocket. The lesson to this story is to back up all your files! His situation scared me into action, and I went to the Apple Store and bought a Time Capsule over lunch. Other options are a more basic external hard drive or an online service like Jungle Disk. One way or another, though, we should all be doing this.

1 comments:

rg said...

I'm so bad at backing up my files. I never learn my lesson!