Monday, June 2, 2008

Hooray for good supers

After a very unpleasant call with the woman at my apartment management company earlier this week (my upstairs neighbor flooded her bathroom and now I have water damage to deal with), I wasn't really looking forward to calling my super today. But, after a couple of warm and muggy days, I really wanted my air conditioner put in, so I had to give him a ring. I'm not some A/C slacker--if this was a regular window unit I would have managed. But this is a special sleeve unit (goes into a hole in the wall made especially for air conditioners) and is about ten feet up from the floor. Even on a ladder (which I don't have), I really didn't have the arm strength for this project. Luckily, my super was totally accommodating and friendly. And now I'm able to sit in a refrigerator if I want. His helpfulness was a very nice surprise and antidote to my cynically low expectations.

3 comments:

kimberly kinchen said...

The super here is great and that's a huge reason why, despite recent crazy events I have shared with you, I am loathe to leave. That's the kind of thing that make everyday life in a building just suck. Hooray.

Today was the first day I came home and thought, yes, this year, definitely putting in the A/C. And soon.

rg said...

Hooray for air conditioning!

Tina said...

Ok - first I'm insanely jealous that the climate you're in necessitates a/c.

Second, I'm soo happy your super is nice!!! Remember mine in the Bronx? Came into to look at water damage from the flat above, and offered to cook me dinner - in only an apron??? eeeeeeewwwww. Basement dwelling troll!