Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Reading

Very briefly on the train this morning, Todd and I bounced around the idea of giving ourselves summer reading lists. Does anyone else do that? I like the idea, because it harkens back to my student days when the summers were idyllic and I could spend hours each day with a novel if I wanted to. I’m romanticizing this, really, because I’ve had an after school/summer job consistently since I was sixteen, but in my revisionist history, I was sprawled in the shade under a tree with a good book all summer every summer.

I work just as much in the summers now as I do every other season, but I still feel like I should be able to fit in a solid amount of reading. Perhaps it’s because the sun sets so much later that I want to believe there is time for more. Since I have such a giant pile of books waiting to be read already, I’ll create my reading list from that. I’ll post a poll in the next few days so you can all vote for which books should go on the list.

1 comments:

Tina said...

I think it's also kind of a 'beach reading' list for holidays. Not that I could sit on a beach, I'd fry like a steak on a grill, but ... I'm all about the revisionist/rose-tinted summer reading list idea. I'd love to hear yours!!