Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Favorite performance

Over the weekend, Rena and I took in the new Sex and the City movie. I knew Rena liked it, since it was her third time seeing it. That, plus my affection for the series, definitely gave me high hopes for a couple of hours well spent. I was surprised, though, by my favorite aspect of the movie: Kristin Davis. She’s always been a great member of the foursome, but she was never my favorite part of the show. She really stood out in the film, showing great range, heart, and comedic talent throughout. This success is especially interesting given that in many ways she got the least dramatic storyline. It’s sort of like when Julianne Moore made trying to bake a cake the most riveting part of The Hours, despite all the excitement of the other storylines. Go Kristin!

2 comments:

rg said...

Agreed! She was great :)

Anonymous said...

Totally -- she exceeded my sex-pectations. :) And I really enjoyed the movie. I think if I'd gone into it not knowing the series, I might have been more critical (since it doesn't spend much time on, say, character development...it relies on your past experience with that on the show to succeed), but seeing this movie was like seeing old, much beloved friends again...even when they were annoying, I loved them so much.