Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rejected

Remember last year when I got to watch the entire Tony Awards with the Coast of Utopia director? Well, apparently the powers that be over at Tony Central have decided that is enough awards show fun to last me a lifetime. After accepting me as a seatfiller for this year’s shows a couple of weeks ago, they have unceremoniously dumped me. I just got the below in an email:

Hello:

I am very sorry but the Tony Ticketing office was
recently told that our number of allotted seatfillers
has been cut. You are unfortunately beyond our allotted
number and will no longer be able to seatfill. Again,
this is out of the Tony Ticketing Office’s control and we
apologize profusely. We know what a special event this is for
you, and we wish we could share it with you this year.

Just to clarify: if you arrive at Radio City on June
15, even with the printed seatfiller letter, you will
NOT be permitted into the awards show.

Again, our deepest apologies on this inconvenience.

Regrets,

The Tony Ticketing Office


Wankers.

3 comments:

kimberly kinchen said...

That sucks. I remember you telling us all about it in staff meeting last year! But, it was a very polite rejection letter . . .and sort of cute that they acknowledged what a big deal it might be for people.

Tina said...

Agreed. Wankers. And they will likely have some ugly git with no clue what is actually being rewarded taking your seat. I'm sorry. I was hoping to hear another in-depth report and be cool by association with you. That sucks.

Anonymous said...

Ew - the classless drips broke up with you in an email. I especially hate their assumption that you would try to show up with the original letter and sneak in...odd balance with the whole "we apologize profusely" angle.