Friday, June 13, 2008

Stretch

I need to take a couple of vacation days before the end of the month, so I have today off from work. I'm definitely spending some of my day lounging around, reading, etc., but I also wanted to do something good for myself. So I went to a kick ass 90-minute hatha yoga class at Life in Motion this morning. I say it was kick ass for two reasons: first, it was great. The studio has huge windows so we could look out over Broadway, and the teacher was energetic, supportive, and helpful. The second way it was kick ass, was that it totally kicked my ass. It felt great, but it also really pushed me. I'd like to start going more than once every five years, which is about what I'm averaging now.

2 comments:

kimberly kinchen said...

Yay for Life in Motion. I haven't been forever, but I like that place.

Tina said...

I'm with you on the more-than-once-in-5-yrs thing. I have a great place up the street from me. And I've been once. When I lived in this 'hood 3 yrs ago. eek. Why is it so hard to be motivated to do something good for me?