Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mosquitoes

What’s up with all the mosquitoes in Brooklyn? I have sat at many an outdoor café in Manhattan, spent evenings in Central Park, gone for more than a few walks uptown. Never have I gotten so eaten alive as I did tonight. Todd and I checked out an art opening in Carroll Gardens and then met up with a friend of his for dinner and drinks. I really dug the restaurant (where we sat outside) but was had at least two bug bites before the check came. When we found a bar with outside seating for an after dinner drink it just continued. Are the mosquitoes heartier in Brooklyn? Does Brooklyn blood taste better to them? I think I came home with five or six bites all told. Itchy, itchy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely have to be wary of the mosquitoes in Brooklyn. My wife and I have a stockpile of skin so soft and OFF for whenever we want to hang out in our backyard . . .more gardens and backyards in Brooklyn = more 'skeets . . . I guess.

Tina said...

Manhattanites are just too salty. :)