Friday, August 8, 2008

White Tea

A hundred years ago, Rena turned me on to Adagio, an online tea shop. Since then, Adagio has been both a blessing and a curse. They have a lot of teas to choose from and have extraordinary customer service. At the same time, they have all these small little tins of tea for only $2 that I just can’t resist. They’re so inexpensive that every time I go to Adagio I talk myself into trying more. One full drawer of my desk at work is dedicated to tea, and it’s embarrassing! Who needs 4,000 tea varieties available at work at any one time?

My latest impulse tea purchase was the white tea sampler. This is my first foray into the world of white tea, which is made with only the smallest and youngest tea leaves, and it’s true that it does have something of a delicate flavor. I really like it, though, and would recommend it to others who want a break from the same old, same old black tea.

3 comments:

rg said...

You are right on the money. It's so hard to resist buying everything they offer, especially because they are only $2. I like the white teas but I've become addicted to their Chocolate Chip tea. It's like you are drinking dessert and there are tiny chocolate chips hidden in the tea :)

Pat said...

Try the most exotic and expensive white tea in the world

"Golden Tips"

Click the below link to read more

http://www.white-tea.com

Anonymous said...

We, too, go Adagio crazy every time we run out of our favs. I love the white teas, but I'm a big fan of their herbal teas, as well!