Sunday, July 13, 2008

Biking Bonanza

It was a big biking weekend. The sun finally peaked out from behind the rain clouds, and Todd and I took full advantage. We did about ten miles on Saturday (ok, it was more like nine, but ten sounds so much better), biking down to Chelsea and back, stopping in the Chelsea Markets and lounging in Riverside Park along the way. We pulled the bicycles out for a short sprint through Central Park this morning, too. One of these days I'm even going to bike to work again. I'm less and less afraid (though still not unafraid) of being killed by a taxi each time I ride, so maybe I'll find the commute less stressful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun that you guys are getting out on the bikes more often!

Tina said...

I'm still in love with the idea of biking around. They're pushing bikes more here in London - but until they teach the trucks and cabs how to stop and turn properly, I'm just not that brave. *sigh*... Central Park sounds dreamy. :)