Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot And Cranky

So New York City is in the midst of a veritable heatwave. This morning I heard that it would reach the low-nineties today and mid- to high-nineties tomorrow. Bleh. I'm not so great in the heat. My skin gets all red and I look like I've just worked out for hours, even when I'm just sitting there. I sweat, then I stink, then I'm crabby. It's not a good situation. It's definitely not a good situation when my office loses air conditioning right when said heatwave hits town.

We didn't have air yesterday, we don't have it today, and we won't have it tomorrow. I think this is bullshit. We're in the stupid CitySpire Center, which is supposed to be some kind of big deal. All we kept hearing when we got kicked out of our old offices (where we each actually had an office) and moved into this cubicled space, was that it was an "A" building. At the time I thought that "A" might stand for Annoying that I'll now sit in a shitty cubicle.

But now I think it might stand for Absolutely unbearable. Or Are you fucking kidding me?

4 comments:

rg said...

That's no good. I'm sorry. I just came in from walking Austin and it's nasty out there. Do they expect you to stay there all day in this heat with no air conditioning?

kimberly kinchen said...

I'm working from home tomorrow, for certain, and i hope you are too. thank god I got that effing mag back to the designers.

also, I swear to god that the elevator shafts run on a separate line and that they have a/c.

also, I bet the residential part of the building got their a/c back, or, never lost it.

bitter? me? yeah. and fucking hot, still (the apt. a/c may finally go on).

Jen said...

Dude, that is really terrible. Are people leaving? I'm assuming this is the type of fancy-pants building where you can't even open a window, right? The better to keep you from jumping out one when the heat drives you insane?

Tina said...

Oh honey that sucks out loud. If it blew, it might keep you cooler. :( Go with Kimberly, work from home. Or demand Hazard Pay.