Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Who the hell is Lindsey Fullard?

Grabbing my mail tonight on the way in, I saw that the mailman had stuffed two Time Out New Yorks in my mailbox. Figuring one was a neighbor's (and I was going to do the neighborly thing and leave it by their door), I took a peak at the name and address on the first copy; it was addressed to me at my correct address. I flipped to the second and was taken aback to see that it was addressed to Lindsey Fullard at my address, my apartment, the whole she-bang. I don't get it. Who the fuck is Lindsey Fullard? And why is her mail coming to me? Did someone tell TONY that I changed my first name? And seriously, I don't need two copies of this magazine. I wouldn't need two copies of any magazine, but I find TONY especially unworthy of double delivery. The way it's organized is completely different from the way my brain is organized, and I can never, ever find what I'm looking for. Twice as many trees dying won't make this 'zine any less lame.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

According to How Many of Me, there are "1 or fewer" people in the US named Lindsey Fullard. So, we can't even justify it as a mix-up of address in their database -- they just decided you needed an alternate personality, apparently.

Also, according to the same website, there is exactly 1 Victoria Fullard in the US. You're unique!

Tori said...

Cha-ching! I love that I'm one of a kind. :) I still find the whole name swap thing so weird!

Anonymous said...

We randomly received two Time Outs in our mailbox a few weeks ago (we don't subscribe). The names on the labels were: "Tracy Zook," "Tracy Stameshkin." ???

Josh said...

Todd started receiving two copies of TONY last year, and he figured that the second copy was from a free gift subscription that he never assigned. He called them, and they stopped sending the second one. Weird they'd make up a new name for you, though!