Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I think I ate a bug

How gross is that? Last night I was reading while Todd was getting ready for bed. I did what I often do and drifted off with the book next to me, waking up again when Todd came into the room. We were chatting about how he was feeling achy, when all of a sudden I made the whole night revolve around me. Nice right? He’s sore and uncomfortable and I talk about myself. :)

Seriously, though, my top lip was feeling all tingly and swelling up; I could feel it getting bigger and bigger as we were talking. I thought at first it could be a food allergy, but I hadn’t eaten anything in hours, and it was really isolated to just the left side of my top lip. I wouldn’t expect a food allergy to be that localized.

After some research, all signs pointed to an insect bite or sting. Which means that some creepy crawly was creeping and crawling across my face. Gross! And bit or stung my lip. GROSS! The swelling/tingling has pretty much gone away, but now I’m paranoid and itchy, thinking that any slight breeze is really another bug on me.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Eeeek. Sorry honey. But at least you didn't know it at the time. I think knowing would make me sick.

ellebee said...

I'm going to be the asshole and totally one-up your story. This afternoon, Nate brought a paper bag full of wild hops he had picked into the kitchen. I was like, why did you bring that bag dirty with hops fuzz into my clean kitchen. Oh wait, that isn't fuzz from the plants - it's HUNDREDS OF APHIDS. Needless to say, I still feel crawly three hours later.