Monday, August 10, 2009

Reasons to Celebrate

Reasons to celebrate are there, if we only look for them. Todd and I treated ourselves to a really wonderful, delicious, indulgent dinner at Morimoto on Friday night. We made the reservation several weeks ago when I had just finished my summer class and used it as an excuse for the date. When Friday came, I dressed up, spent the day looking forward to our evening together, and generally had a more giddy energy than I typically do.

Throughout the night we raised our glasses of sake and toasted many things: the successful completion of my summer course, Todd's new job, an achievement at work, anything and everything. The lesson for me is that there are reasons to celebrate if you're looking for them. It was so much fun to be so positive, spend the evening with Todd, and enjoy some really, really, really good food together.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cheers! :)

And Salut to being in love, finding and achieving your dreams, and celebrating it all with sushi.

Perfection.

Rena said...

You are absolutely right! Sounds like a fun night :)

ellebee said...

Yay for you guys! It's great that you took time out for just the two of you to celebrate all the wonderful things in your life. I love posts like this. :)